Mobius Strip?

Guest dangermouse

Guest accademia

hi guys!

i would like to (better said i have to) create a moebius strip for a university project. i found this site, but have never used lisps before. so i also searched for an introduction, but it couldn't get it fixed...

so please can somebody tell me what i am doing wrong?

- i saved the script with notepad and named the file something with .lsp as ending

- then i either loaded the lsp through tools > load autolisp or by draging the file on the drawing frame. autocad tells me that the lsp is loaded successfully

- afterwards i have to start the script through typing the name of the function, which is written after "defun c:" and in this case it is mb, right?

because here autocad tells me that this function doesn't exist...

please can somebody help me soon ;-) i would also be fine just by having a .dxf or .dwg of one moebius-strip.

thank you!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fuccaro

• Mr T

• CADTutor

• a1harps

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The program text is affected by a character coding problem. These days you don't need Lisp to draw Mobius strips! I wrote the programs while in AutoCAD 2006 (and I still use that version) but in AutoCAD 2010 you have new commands and more possibilities. I will try to update the functions sometime during the next week.

Welcome in the forum!

I am a little bit surprised to see the interest renewed for this pretty old thread. Well, I spent some time adjusting the program text. Years ago Dangermouse started this thread... Dangermouse, can you read this? are you still alive?

As previously stated by Fuccaro, these days you can make the moebius strip or model using the sweep command, without developing a Lisp. open your modeling toolbar and give it a go, using twist value 180 it is really straight ahead, in a rather convoluted and unilateral way.

As previously stated by Fuccaro, these days you can make the moebius strip or model using the sweep command, without developing a Lisp. open your modeling toolbar and give it a go, using twist value 180 it is really straight ahead, in a rather convoluted and unilateral way.

Is it possible in Acad2010?