Surfaces Tab in AutoCad 07?

shift1313

This may be a silly question but I havent needed to draw surfaces in autocad in the past few months. At work i am running 06 and 07. In 06 i have a tab with surfaces like ruled surface, tab surf etc. For the life of me I cannot find this in 07. I have spent the past couple months doing most of my surface modeling in unigraphics and i ended up needing to modify an old dwg and i just couldnt find the tools i needed in 07. I ended up going back to release 06 to draw what I needed.

I setup my workspace to run in "classic mode" and went all through the tool bar customization with no luck. The help file had listings for all the tools i wanted to use but made no mention of a location. Is there something special about 07 that im missing? I know the user interface changed, but Ive been working entirely with solid models and no surfaces up until this point.

thanks in advance.:D

The Surfaces toolbar is gone in 2007. The commands still exist though, which is why it's a very good idea to learn your command line shortcuts so you can always type them in at the command line.

Commands:

RULESURF

TABSURF

REVSURF

EDGESURF

thanks cad. i know most of them and use them more than the icons but i dont typically draw surfaces in autocad so i was a little rusty.

Rulesurf and tabsurf are the two i use most often but sometimes its nice to have the icons as well in case i get mental block, espeically when transitioning between unigraphics, inventor and solidworks, my commands tend to slip.

Thanks!