Adding/subtracting problem

JStenoien

I'm using AutoCAD 2008 Education Version and I'm trying to model a santuko. I have the tang and blade portions made but when I try to add them it looks like it's working and then...nothing. No errors it just decides it doesn't want to do it :x any suggestions? I had to upload the file to Mediafire because it was too big to attach. Take out the space, thanks

mediafire .com/?sharekey=d8943b58ca31df11d2db6fb9a8902bda

im not sure what a santuko is but are both objects solids? when you made the blade was it a surface model? If so you will probably have to convert from surface to solid in order for the boolean operations to work.

A santuko is a type of kitchen knife, and they are both solids. I used intersect to make the blade portion and that's the same type of operation, so you can see my confusion :huh:

The problem is occurring where the blade and the handle meet at the top. There is a step that slowly ramps up, from the bottom of the handle to the top, to a point where the blade meets the handle flush. Autocad doesn't like things like that. You can either have a step, or no step, but you can't Union two objects that ramp up together like that.

Untitled-1.jpg