Can I use a macro to select certain objects?

So far I have been unsuccessful at attempting the following:

1. A button that selects and erases all points in a model.

2. A button that selects all blocks in a model and brings them to front.

Anything to do with SELECT or QUICKSELECT in a macro have left me baffled. I am certain it is possible, and it will be a major breakthrough for us if anyone can help out.

I think that this might be beyond the scope of LT. 'QSELECT' and 'FILTER' don't have command line equivalents, so they can't be used in a macro. 'SELECT' Can be used, but I can't see any option to filter the results.

You can do this fairly quickly using the properties pallette or by useing the 'QSELECT' or 'FILTER' commands.

I'd like to hear from anyone with a better idea!

• 2 weeks later...
You can do this fairly quickly using the properties pallette or by useing the 'QSELECT' or 'FILTER' commands.

Thanks Pablo. I think you are correct that a macro cannot handle this.

What do you mean about it being quick when using a palette? Could I set a standard QSELECT criteria to be a button on the tool palette?

Does 2011 LT have Action Recorder?

Sadly no, LT does not have action recorder. I tried once to import some recorded actions from a full version, but this does not work either.

Sadly no, LT does not have action recorder. I tried once to import some recorded actions from a full version, but this does not work either.
That sucks. I think you're SOL. Sorry dude. QSelect and Filter won't work in macros and LT says no to LISP.

Well it is good to know for sure, and put this project to rest.

I will also contact Autodesk about a command line option for these.

Excuse my ignorance, what is SOL?!