Noahma

gonna be bald before i get a render out from pulling out my hair

this is what I am getting

Let me list my specs first

AMD Athlon x2 5400+

4 gigs of memory

Vista -32

Nvidia 8800 GTX video card.

ok, the problem I have seems to span across several renders. when I have everything set to presentation default with sky and sun on the renders will crash about 10% into the final gather. I can run as many renders as I want to a point where this error starts.

I get this error when the renders crash

Fatal Error: unhandled e06d7363h exception at 778e42ebh

this was while trying to do exterior renders.

I have a kitchen of the same house, different file with a few 3d mesh objects inserted, 8 lights, it will not render with the sun turned on or with the sky and sun illumination on. it crashes with the above error. When turning the sun and the sky and background off it was rendering just fine. Came home and decided to run one more render with the exact same settings which included global illumination turned on the thing crashes when the GI reaches 100%

the error i eventually get is a runtime error

Runtime Error!

(path)

r6025

-pure virtual function call.

What the heck is going on and how do I fix it?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Noahma

• ReMark

• papagyi

• fuccaro

Top Posters In This Topic

gonna be bald before i get a render out from pulling out my hair

this is what I am getting

Let me list my specs first

AMD Athlon x2 5400+

4 gigs of memory

Vista -32

Nvidia 8800 GTX video card.

ok, the problem I have seems to span across several renders. when I have everything set to presentation default with sky and sun on the renders will crash about 10% into the final gather. I can run as many renders as I want to a point where this error starts.

I get this error when the renders crash

Fatal Error: unhandled e06d7363h exception at 778e42ebh

this was while trying to do exterior renders.

I have a kitchen of the same house, different file with a few 3d mesh objects inserted, 8 lights, it will not render with the sun turned on or with the sky and sun illumination on. it crashes with the above error. When turning the sun and the sky and background off it was rendering just fine. Came home and decided to run one more render with the exact same settings which included global illumination turned on the thing crashes when the GI reaches 100%

the error i eventually get is a runtime error

Runtime Error!

(path)

r6025

-pure virtual function call.

What the heck is going on and how do I fix it?

What types of lighting you used?Do you "hardware acceleration"on from "3dconfig"?Than you will use high performance for transparent setting from it.

What types of lighting you used?Do you "hardware acceleration"on from "3dconfig"?Than you will use high performance for transparent setting from it.

I started out with photometric lights, but went back to normal lighting to get it to look right. I have 8 lights total within the drawing. 7 chairs and one table that are mesh objects. other than that, everything is standard Autocad Architecture items. I have been trying to render it with the preset presentation settings with the exception of turning on the GI with 500 samples.

I have it rendering right now on our problem computer in the office (the one that crashes if you breath on it) and it is rendering it so far just fine lol.

my computer at home is a much more beefy machine, and it cant render it past the GI :(

forgot to add, I do have hardware acceleration turned on.

Noahma

We like the humor but I would suggest you to give relevant names to your threads though. It will help you and others having similar problems

oops, sorry about that I was getting very frustrated at the time I posted, Will do next time.

lol, thanks remark. That was actually a thread I had started over there, the tips he gave worked for about 5 renders and then stopped working. I tried his tips for the interior rendering too, but the renders got very splochy and looked like someone painted circles in the room with two different color paints.

Then I guess it has come full circle. Sorry about that. Didn't bother to read who had posted it.

I tried typing the full error message into the Google search engine and actually picked up a couple of more hits but they seem to be unrelated to your problem. Kind of weird. How can three seemingly different problems all generate the same error message?

Then I guess it has come full circle. Sorry about that. Didn't bother to read who had posted it.

I tried typing the full error message into the Google search engine and actually picked up a couple of more hits but they seem to be unrelated to your problem. Kind of weird. How can three seemingly different problems all generate the same error message?

that is where my frustration sits. The ones I seem to find are all problems at startup, not rendering. Looks like I may have to get a call into the Autodesk help people to see if they have an idea.

Our problem computer in the office is now chugging away at the final gather on the same exact render that I was having problems at home rendering. So the problem is either with my computer, or with Autocad (which I did a repair installation the other night on.)

Does the home computer have the latest graphics drivers loaded?

Could it be a problem with not enough "free space" on the hard drive?

I indeed have the latest graphics drivers (im an avid gamer and keep them up to date)

and the machine has well over 150gb free on the main drive, and at least 50-100 on my two other drives.

the work machine I rendered it on last night did just fine with the render, it must be something with my machine at home, either it is the computer itself or Autocad that has a problem.

Wow, that narrows it down: your computer or AutoCAD. Sounds like a receipe for a migraine. Good luck sorting it all out.

I might try a few more things, then find a tall building and throw my computer off of it.

I've changed the thread title to something a bit more appropriate

If I've got that wrong, drop me a pm and I'll change it to that instead :thumbsup:

thank you strix, the title sounds like the prob I am having.

ok, our gimp machine in the office, the one that crashes if you breath on it, managed to render this scene in 18 hours lol!!!! it is an older machine, that has me completly dumbfounded as to why it would render, but my home machine wont lol....

See that just goes to prove that older doesn't necessarily mean useless. 18 hours for one render? Someone has a lot of patience.

I had someone start the render on the machine just before they left for the night. It finished about a half an hour after he got in the office in the morning.

Maybe you ought to consider stripping down one computer to the absolute minimum: Windows, an anti-virus program and AutoCAD. Then use this one machine to do all your rendering.