YIKES! FATAL ERROR Aborting?

MAREBER

I am experiencing problems with CAD 2010. Each time I try to launch the program, I am now getting this message:

FATAL ERROR Unhandled e0434f4dh

Exception at 7771fbaeh

Does anyone know what I can do now? Please?

thanks paul... but I don't understand what a '.net framework' actually is. I will try the shut down and wait and restart trick now.

hey ReMark... I was actually trying to open an older CAD drawing. I think that is what caused the issue. But aren't all newer CAD programs supposed to be able to open older CAD files?

Newer versions of AutoCAD will typically be able to open drawings created with an earlier version without a problem. Maybe the file you tried to open is corrupted.

If the problem is limited to just one drawing then I would say it is not a .Net framework related problem.

this was happening by just trying to launch the program itself... no drawings involved.

now after waiting and restarting the computer... AutoCAD still will not launch. It is 'not responding'. But, the Error message hasn't popped up yet...

AutoCAD 2002? What OS are you using?

When did the problem first occur?

Are both Windows and AutoCAD up-to-date with all service packs?

Yes, I was trying to open some detail drawings from an external hard drive that were created with 2002 a long time ago. I created them with my old comp that died a few months back. It had an OS of windows XP... can't remember the rest of the info...

I am now using my work comp and I think it is windows 7 something? Not sure I remember how to find that info out?

The problem first occured when I tried to open a detail drawing mentioned above. The program aborted and I haven't been able to get it to work since. I did just update an AutoCAD thing when I sent in the error report. and yes... I did restart after that update.

Alright... I don't know what happened... perhaps the update took effect? But things are working fine again!?

THANK YOU for being here when things fall apart. (even if only for moral support)

i had a similar problem with cad 2008, i think it was windows update that did it, never did fix it as i upgraded the pc in the end so had to do a clean install.

To find out what OS is installed on your work computer go to the Desktop and right-click on the My Computer icon. This will bring up the System Properties window. On the General tab under the word System you'll see the version of Windows listed and any service packs.

Post the problem drawing here. If it is too large zip it first. Maybe someone here and figure out what's going on with it.