2d ( front view and side views) of European Standard Valves

bensoy

Hi!

I am going to create a library, collecting all types of valves used in european standards. Is there a way to have the manufacturers send in cad format?

Anyones knows some contacts or websites to download libraries?

I do not mind if they are in 2d, it is not a big job going to 3d. Good for constructions plans.

Please help. It will be all helpful to all users. I hope manufacturers will hear us.

i've seen a manufacturer website developing the cad formats on the web. I will post the manufacturer the next time i accross the website.

tnx.

I've found here in the U.S. many valve manufacturers are not keen on providing detailed 2D CAD drawings of their products let alone 3D versions. This comes as a bit of a disappointment because I've also found that many of the top name manufacturers of windows (like Marvin, Pella and Anderson) have gone out of their way to offer such drawings and have done so for quite some time.

i knew some companies do have the libraries. I wonder where they get them. The best way for now i think is keep the fingers movi'n quick to do the libraries of this valves.

We just hope that some manufacurers will allow us to have the 2d in some views. It will not matter since they do have the secret tolerances and principles of manufacturing for them to keep. With respect to them us well.

I keep movi'n then.

Thankx ReMark

Companies that offer libraries of symbols most likely develop them in-house.

You can try searching the CAD Block Exchange Network for generic valve blocks/symbols or you can visit every one of the valve manufacturers' websites and see for yourself if they offer any CAD files.

i already did go through with some good brands and manufacturer. I already sent them emails. No reply.

I will do it myself. I am gathering informations. I already went through the cad block exchange. Not much, its only bits there for now.

I assumed with all type and all sizes it would be about of almost a thousand blocks drawings to create, and the rest will be add-on as well us the new products.

I will be patient in doing them types of valves.

Hopefully be finished in a month in preparation for the next projects.

Thanks a mil.

I will share blocks in the future.

Hi Tiger,

Thanks.

On your side of the world, what is the most common used brands on valves?

On the submittals side, which common brand mostly presented for approval?

I will be happy to know.

tnx.

Bensoy, I really can't say. I know about Axel Larsson because I work closely (but not actully with) with a few people in the pipe-business here. But I don't work with that kind of valves myself, I do district heating so its mostly Logstor or KWH Pipe in my business over here.

I looked at your PFD. The valves appear to be pretty generic. I'll bet you can buy symbol libraries that are just as good. What country are you working in?