"Customization file load failed.....acadlt.cui" profile access error on startup

Scott345

Hi,

New to the forum and not an AutoCad user but a network administrator trying to fix access.

User is using AutoCad 2009 with XP Pro 2002 on a laptop connected to a network and using a laptop that restricts access to the C: drive and therefore her local profile.

It seems that when the application is opened it tries to refer for its menus etc to a local profile folder under:

C:\Docs and Settings\%Username%\Application Data\AutoDesk\AutoCAD LT 2009\enu\support\acadlt.cui

However, due to the restriction on the C: drive it doesn't work and the user ends up with the application opened but without any menus or 'fonts' after clicking OK through the error in the post title.

The only thing that seems to work is to grant the user's network account Admin access thus allowing access to C: but this is impractical as she cannot be left with this level of access to the network in general.

Any solutions would be welcome

Thanks

She will need access to that 'support' folder and its children to use the Autocad. But I would have thought it would be on the laptop if that is where the Autocad has been installed?

It could be that there is a bit of confusion here with there being a drive C: on the laptop and a drive C: on the PC?

Try mapping the network drive from the laptop to a different letter.

If you look under Options in AutoCAD (right-click on the white area at the bottom, or type OPTIONS) and under the Files tab, you can find Customization files with search paths to varying customization files. You should be able to move the files needed from C:/ to something the user can access and change the search-paths there to correspond.

Please note that I don't do this myself, so I don't know if there are other problems assorted with no C:-access while runing AutoCAD.