Land Desktop shift to Civil 3D

chulse

So I am told by my re-seller that Land Desktop is no more and 2009 is the last release. And as such, my subscription will simply end. However, they offered a (very)reduced rate to shift to Civil 3D.

My questions are:

1. Has anyone made this move and was it worth it?

2. Any known issues making the shift?

3. Was the learning curve steep?

4. Would you recommend any specific training for staff?

Thanks all.

I loved LDD but was forced to make the shift when i started a new job. Its paid off because you still have the same stuff as always...but C3d is more efficient once you learn it. You will need training for sure. It may cost now but you'll start seeing the benefits from it immediately. At the very least, make sure you get a couple guys schooled in the program so that they can help teach other employees.

Ive never had a problem/question with C3d that this site couldnt help answer for me.

Have no worries. make the jump. you'll ask yourself why you didnt do it earlier

I loved LDD but was forced to make the shift when i started a new job. Its paid off because you still have the same stuff as always...but C3d is more efficient once you learn it. You will need training for sure. It may cost now but you'll start seeing the benefits from it immediately. At the very least, make sure you get a couple guys schooled in the program so that they can help teach other employees.

Ive never had a problem/question with C3d that this site couldnt help answer for me.

Have no worries. make the jump. you'll ask yourself why you didnt do it earlier

Ok, thanks.

There are only 2 of us!:D

For me, the biggest problem I had was finding all the various settings. Many of them are like a mouse walking through a maze. Once I figured that out, it wasn't bad at all. Do yourself a favor and get "Digging into AutoCAD Civil 3D" from Cadapult. This book was a valuable help for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Im originally from Gainesville, FL, but live in Citrus County (crystal river, lecanto, inverness area). Have family in J-ville and Lake County (Leesburg)