Script+Macro to change drawings

Ok, so I caved and made a Script+Macro combo to get my two thousand blocks sorted. At least a big part of them. This is what I got

Macro:

^C^Cscript "C:/Documents and Settings/<username>/Desktop/data.scr" ^C^Cm all ;\0,0,0  ^C^Cz e  ^C^Cchange;\ p LA Centrum  ^C^Cpurge all * n ^C^Cqsave 

Script:

snap off
grid off
-Layer
S
N
Centrum
LT
dashdot
Centrum
C
red
Centrum

change
all

P
LT
BYLAYER
Color
BYLAYER
LA

ltscale

Very basic, but it works with a minimum of fuss. But I have one thing that I can't seem to figure out. The Macro pauses for me to select which lines to change to Layer Centrum - but it doesn't accept a crossing box, or that I pick two objects. Can that be altered so I can do a crossing box?

Oh, so not so strange that I couldn't figure it out if its not suppose to work :wink:

Updated macro below as per Seans instructions, works like a charm :)

^C^Cscript "C:/Documents and Settings/A403635/Desktop/data.scr" ^C^Cm all ;\0,0,0  ^C^Cz e  ^C^Cselect \change p  p LA Centrum  ^C^Cpurge all * n ^C^Cqsave 

. . . .works like a charm :)

. . . .

Cool.

The process is a bit convoluted. As a matter of fact, I’m not sure the OP in that linked thread accepted the advice given by that excerpt.

The process is a bit convoluted. As a matter of fact, I’m not sure the OP in that linked thread accepted the advice given by that excerpt.

well sure, its not the most straightforward of things (and I could almost bet my right hand that Lee will write soemthing smooth when he wakes up :wink: ) but it works, and I can listen to some mind-soothing music while I run it a gazillion times.

I didn’t express myself particularly well. The phrase was referring to the different requirements for activation in command line versus menu macro (i.e., the need for Select).

I still think any specialized routine that can be “menu-macro”fied, should be. That allows its use in AutoCADLT.