Render different to Viewport. Nede some help

funk

I'm not sure. It looks like you somehow have two materials mapped to the same object. Are you rendering with Mental Ray? If so, zip up your file and your materials and post it here. But if you're rendering with Vray, I cannot help you.

By any chance, are you using a "Composite" map?

material.jpgI am using the Arch / Design basic material mapping with a difuse bump and displacement map. I am using quicksilever as my rendering tool as I've been told it is the least performance hungry renderer.

im not sure about the render I just got this technique of a tutorial.

http://instatuts.com/featured/furniture-design-rendering-autodesk-3dsmax-2010-and-earlier/

hope this gives some insite to my problem.

cheers

Have you checked to make sure all of your material maps are the same scale and orientation? Something tells me that one of your maps is rotated and scaled differently than all the others. Make sure all of your settings are the same for all of your maps.

bahaha, im an idiot and your not... I had some of the maps set as environment and some as texture some as real world, they are all now set texture, NOT real world and x/y .. 1/1.

woop.jpg

here is a snap shot, i'll get there .. haha, this might be a post for another section but is their a type of lighting I should be using for quicksilver?? I used to use mental ray Mr Sky real environment photometric lighting. haha, is that still applicable. and nah I have never used Vray i dont even know how to install it..

Cheers Cad, legend

Sorry, I don't know anything about Quicksilver. In fact, I've never even heard of it until you mentioned it. So I'm afraid you're on your own with that.

Maybe this will help: http://docs.autodesk.com/3DSMAX/13/ENU/Autodesk%203ds%20Max%202011%20Help/index.html?url=./files/WS73099cc142f487551d68dd061249d36330f-708d.htm,topicNumber=d0e369043