R14: Instal'n failed with error code 9

Stinsoneer

Just got back from the journey to the friend's house... he loaded his old copy of 2002 on my laptop and it worked first shot. My copy of R14 would not load on his machine either. It seems now I must admit it's a bad copy of R14. I have uninstalled the R14 and suppose I've been ripped off. It was supposed to be "New In The Box". I called the AutoCAD registration line, and it has already been registered to someone else.:x

ReMark you are so right, I must be a massochist. I was indeed laid off, and will need a job when I get out of this wheelchair, and was noticing that around these parts, no one wants a mechanical engineer unless they can do AutoCAD or Solidworks. When I worked in the big city (Houston) we engineers had CAD slaves to do that for us! :lol: But now I have all this healing time on my hands, and feel that this must be more productive than feeling sorry for myself, and might even enable me to find work easier in a few months. In addition, I could use it to do some sideline work laying out generator locations and wiring.

So, abandon all hope for this installation, and continue my search for a LEGAL edition of the stuff that will work on an XP machine. I guess, in retrospect, I've already learned alot!!??

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• Stinsoneer

• skipsophrenic

• Strix

Stinsoneer:

Why don't you PM me with your email address. Perhaps I can be of further assistance. We're starting to get further afield of the original topic and delving into more personal matters.