Adding to ribbon

cbuckner

I am currently running AutoCAD Map 3D 2010. Is there any way to add new tabs to the ribbon? Such as mesh modeling... My version runs pretty much the same as regular AutoCAD 2010, just with different features, so if there is a way the work in that one it might work in mine. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Yes, new tabs and panels as well as new commands can be added to the Ribbon. Your AutoCAD Customization Guide will have all the information you need to accomplish the task.

Customization guide is here: http://docs.autodesk.com/ACD/2010/ENU/AutoCAD%202010%20User%20Documentation/index.html?url=WS1a9193826455f5ff-5187222b11eeadcdc61-5702.htm,topicNumber=d0e361911

Or... Go to 'Help' and in the search, pop in "customize the ribbon" . With the " " included, go for the top result (also listed as 'customize the ribbon) Create a Ribbon Panel will also help along with most of the results.

Cheers

Ollie