autocad_3dpolyline TO SOLID? help

AGordon89

Hello there I am in need of help and some what of a beginner. I have drawn a large building model and exported a dxf. The dxf is a autocad_3dpolyline.

I need this to be a solid object(s), I can use software AutoCAD 2009, 3ds max 2009 and FME.

If there is anybody that could help, i would be very greatful. If there is any more infomation you need to know just let me know.

Thanks in advance

But i have about 500 buildings of the centre of Leicester city centre. All the geometry is there, individual building heights and each building has a unique Z value as the buildings have been modeled of a Digital Terrain. I just need to convert these wire frame polylines into something solid.

No, all the geometry and values are there and ok. It just the make-up of the building needs to be solid, but it isn't. Just 3dpolylines

Anyway to make them solids in AutoCAD2009?? :cry:

Yes, lots of work or request solid model from owner of intelllectual property - perhaps there is a reason it was released as wireframe?

I have drawn a large building model ....

Now wait, if you drew the model why did you do as wireframe rather than as solid. Something doesn't add up here?

Yes, lots of work or request solid model from owner of intelllectual property - perhaps there is a reason it was released as wireframe?

Now wait, if you drew the model why did you do as wireframe rather than as solid. Something doesn't add up here?

The software i had to draw 5 square kilometes of a city centre is about 9 years old(I know how rubbish that is). There is no option to draw as a solid or wireframe. There is no preference for this. I am looking for other software in which i can use stereo pairs of photography & LiDAR data to build large scale data sets.

AGordon89, you really need to supply all pertinent information when asking for help.

I was trying to help him with this on another forum and he said he used a program called Socet Set to create the building. I told him he needed to start over and create the buildings from scratch using Autocad's 3D modeling tools.

Assuming you have a decent dwx wireframe to work from you could create the solids rather quickly (a lot quicker than starting from scratch), but of course you would have to have a strong understanding of AutoCAD. Sounds like this might be a good project for gaining that experience. If you were looking for the Easy Button, there isn't one.