Viewport Issue

nocturne00

Hi all. i'm not sure what I did, or if i really did anything to set this, im not even sure if its a veiwport issue or graphics issue, but whenever I zoom, a sort of invisible "cutting plane" does a section on where the picture plane intersects my objects.

the image shown is not a section, its an enclosed building envelope, but whenever I zoom in, the picture plane cuts thru it. Originally this was not like this, I mean, when I zoom in, the picture Plane penetrates the walls.

I hope my explanation is clear.

000.jpg

but it just surfaced now, thats why im doubting its a hardware issue.

anyway, i reset to a new scene and imported the models again, now its ok. but I hope someone can give a quick tip about why this happens :D

for all others who encouter this.

Hi cad64, really really sorry for the late reply,,, my head is spinning at work :D

here's some more screen shots of my problem.

the first image happens when I zoom in, the second image is the whole one. it sort of slices the object at the view plane. its a bit irritating coz i need to zoom in for detailing but it cuts the object too early during zooming in.

I hope you've encountered -- (and possibly solved) this issue before :)

many many thanks

001.jpg

002.jpg

Ok, it looks like your "Field of View" needs to be adjusted. The default setting is 45, so try setting it at 20 and see if that helps.

Right click on the "Field of View" button to open the "Viewport Configuration" dialog.

Untitled-1.jpg