help -title block and border not showing in preview!

dubking

Hi guys, i have had to learn CAD this weekend to pass my degree, i had to create an alloy wheel front and side profile views, my problem is this -

i have created the wheel in model space

but when i goto layout 1 / paper space and insert my title block and border, then insert my viewpoint of the wheel, and goto page setup, preview, it only shows the wheel, and without the viewpoint border / title block / border.

im a total noob at CAD, but need to do this to pass my degree.

any help would be gratefully received.

(autocad 2011 lt)

Peace

Edited by dubking
cad version

In page setup, in the plot area, under what to plot choose window from the drop down box, select the bottom left corner and top right corner of your title box,

also make sure you have selected the right size paper under paper size and right scale under plot scale ( or fit to page if scale is not required)

i have had to learn CAD this weekend to pass my degree...

Holly Cow! I've been working on this (learning CAD) for 20 odd years. You were given only a weekend? Tough school!

Attach the file here and remove all doubt.

Either the OP is a really fast leaner or the rest of us are really slow!:lol:

I'm still learning new s**t every day I visit here.:shock:

Dyslexia sucks.:ouch:

hi guys, thank you very much for your help and advice, i have managed to create a title block, ive inputed the view as well, looks nice and tidy, but, when i goto plot, (using a lexmark P6350) the text from my title block is set across the page portrait style, whereas the rest of the image is landscape (how i want it). and it also cuts off the top line. I have literally till tomorrow morning to post this piece of work vie royal slug mail to my uni.

a screen shot, jpeg format is included!

many thanks for the replys and help and advice!!!

cadtutor.JPG

found the solution as such, plotted as jpeg to net file, and it prints fine!! whoop whoop!

me thinks CAD is my future career after many failed career attempts!

cheers to everyone who helped!

peace

found the solution as such, plotted as jpeg to net file, and it prints fine!! whoop whoop!

me thinks CAD is my future career after many failed career attempts!

cheers to everyone who helped!

peace

Well, good for you! Career in AutoCAD? That's why we're all (geeks) here!

Good luck and do visit often!

What's with the titleblock?

thats the problem i was having, when id goto plot view(jpeg) the text was portrait not landscape, got it sorted tho, and i will definitely visit often!

going to start my own lil project of designing a midi controller.

thats the problem i was having, when id goto plot view(jpeg) the text was portrait not landscape, got it sorted tho, and i will definitely visit often!

going to start my own lil project of designing a midi controller.

I most always plot to *.pdf for email use, don't mail *.dwg files unless I absolutely know my client.

The *.pdf can be rotated to landscape (or portrait) and then saved as a *.jpg if you want the image.

Using Adobe Pro, you can take a snap shot of any area and post in your image editor.

I only us MS Paint, works well.

And dubking, where are you posting from? Just curious.