Point Label Style in Civil3D

Openantics

I have successfully created a whole range of particular settings for labeling my points (which are topos points with the headers of N,E,el) in the Label Style Composer and created a new style particularly for these kinds of points. Actually, i created 3 different Label Styles based on the description of the topo point)

My predicament, is that clients will send me their .dwg files, and i have to import the points i collect onto there drawing which obviously don't have all the label styles I just learned to create so the points don't label correctly and i have to re-create all the styles each time?!

question: How can I apply my Point Label Styles onto another .dwg?

TIA!!

Generally we don't do topos in DWG files sent to us from others. Instead, we create a new DWG file, then create our topo in there. Then our topo drawing can be XREF'd into a design drawing, and/or the surface can be DREF'd into the design drawing.

This helps keep responsibilities separate. Plus, there are too many settings involved in a DWG, and too many chances of running into unexpected problems when using a DWG file sent "by others". It's much safer to do a topo in a new DWG you've created from your own template.

Open both files. Make the client dwg current. From Prospector you can drag the styles from the Settings tab of the source file to the graphics screen of the client's.

j1.jpg

Edited by lpseifert
added image

Thank you both for the quick and thorough replies: Please let me digest your comments and I will try and post a follow up question with a better understanding of civil3D!

much thanks!