FLOWLINE LINETYPE (with ARROWS)

I have utilized the "old school" Flow Line Lintetype (with the ARROW that is never really centered) for many years

I have been trying to acquire the preferred FlowLine Arrow Linetype (complex with the arrow shape)

So far, I have not succeeded.

What is the easiest way to obtain/create this preferred linetype ? (arrow directions change with the driection of the polyline)....

The easiest way would be to use Express Tools. Snipped from CadForum:

A more convenient way is to make use of the MKLTYPE Express Tool and generate your linetype directly from a pre-drawn drawing (you can use PLINEs, SHAPEs...). For shapes you can use a similar tool - MKSHAPE

LtFly-Arrows.jpg

You might like LTFLY. A lisp, easy to generate labeled lines on the fly. 8)

Image above made usin' the symbols from the keyboard.

Text is easy enough, just use LTFLY and generate another line type. :wink:

LTFly Instructions.zip

LtFly-Arrows-2.jpg

Edited by Tankman

I have utilized the "old school" Flow Line Lintetype (with the ARROW that is never really centered) for many years

If you have been using the characters in a complex linetype, then the Y offset is unique to a particular font. By playing around with this factor, you could properly centre the arrow :D

• 2 weeks later...

I tried tp use Express Tools with the following linetype (using shape):

*FLOWARROW,Civil Flowline with Arrow

A,0,[FLOWARROW,flowarrow,s=.05,r=180],0.35,-0.05,0,-0.05,0,-0.05,0,-0.05

Attached is the excerpt from the drawing....the linetype does not appear to work well within curves...it makes radial lines instead of following the curve

FlowArrowsonCurve.jpgHow d

If you use a shape which includes the line part of the arrow, then that shape is the linetype. When it goes round a curve, the line within the shape does not curve, and so the linetype shows as your image. You should just have the arrow head as the shape and leave the line part to AutoCAD, and then you could go around curves in a more seemly manner. :D

• 6 months later...
Is this a linetype file (.lin) available? to post or email?

You have the code...

*FLOWARROW,Civil Flowline with Arrow
A,0,[FLOWARROW,flowarrow,s=.05,r=180],0.35,-0.05,0,-0.05,0,-0.05,0,-0.05

Just make your own Shape

The easiest way would be to use Express Tools. Snipped from CadForum:

A more convenient way is to make use of the MKLTYPE Express Tool and generate your linetype directly from a pre-drawn drawing (you can use PLINEs, SHAPEs...). For shapes you can use a similar tool - MKSHAPE

Edited by SLW210

• 1 year later...

Anyone have a .lin file for the *FLOWARROW,Civil Flowline with Arrow A,0,[FLOWARROW,flowarrow,s=.05,r=180],0.35,-0.05,0,-0.05,0,-0.05,0,-0.05 linetype? I can't figure out how to make one.

If what you posted is the actual linetype definition then just add it to your acad.lin file.

Thanks, although after adding it, I get a "Bad Definition of FLOWARROW" error when loading the acad.lin file. Was FLOWARROW a block in the original poster's file?

• 2 months later...
[ATTACH]22769[/ATTACH][ATTACH]22767[/ATTACH]

You might like LTFLY. A lisp, easy to generate labeled lines on the fly. 8)

Image above made usin' the symbols from the keyboard.

Text is easy enough, just use LTFLY and generate another line type. :wink:

I'm doing something wrong here...I have unzipped the ltfly.vlx to my desktop. I'm not following you on the dragging part of it you write of in your instructions? I'm also getting an unrecognized command on the APPLOAD command. Not sure what to do?

Thanks for the help