Pump Inducer

rahulverma

Hello,

Could anyone please tell me how to create the 3-D model for a pump inducer?

(more specifically, the inducer for an LMV-311 sundyne pump?)-am a complete beginner..

Thanks

Welcome in the forum, Rahulverma!

I am afraid that 3D models are not for complete beginners and AutoCAD is not a program to start and learn as you go with.

If you post a photo or a link probable you will get some guiding lines about how to do it.

And also tell us what program do you use.

Perhaps you should start with something more basic. JD Mather has several AutoCAD 3D tutorials at his website. Practice with them before tackling the inducer. The link to his website can be found in his member profile.

Here is a fairly simple method using coil, sweep, revolve, and slice. You can get a basic shape sweeping a line around a coil and then thickening it. Draw a spline profile to revolve a surface, and then slice your coil to a more refined shape, then subtract.

Then you can extrude the shaft. I used a simple cone, however, it's probably better you use several tapered extrusions or a revolved profile.

inducer2.png

inducer1.png

inducer.png

This is very basic and certainly would not be used for manufacture, however, you can get a pretty good representation.

Good Luck

KC