Hi... Prob. the most simple thing ever(sending part to pronest?)

jmaurerhrtlndstl

Hello Erik from MTC Tech Support here. Depending on what version of ProNest 8 you are running, you may have to save the file as a 2004 or 2007 AutoCAD file. Also, ProNest looks at specific layers in the drawing to decide what to do with the geometry. You may need to make sure that ProNest is set to read the layers that contain the actual part. If you have any questions just stop over at the support area of our site at http://www.mtc-software.com where you can find our contact info (including the number for tech support).

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• jmaurerhrtlndstl

• Tiger

• MTC_Erik

Welcome to the CADTutor forum MTC_Erik.

That's a pretty piece of advice you've given. It seems some people forget to check the "other" company's website for help and support looking only to solve a problem from the AutoCAD end of things.

I've sent drawing in the past for plate to be cut. I remeber having to make sure they were a closed polyline and then supply as DXF. That was some years ago though

Welcome to the CADTutor forum MTC_Erik.

That's a pretty piece of advice you've given. It seems some people forget to check the "other" company's website for help and support looking only to solve a problem from the AutoCAD end of things.

Thanks for the welcome. With any of our nesting products, we try to make it flexible enough that you should need to change your drawing practices too much, and instead, just tell the software how you normally draw the parts. So the problem usually is not the drawing, but what our software is expecting to do with the drawing.

• 10 years later...
On 10/09/2010 at 20:37, ReMark said:

Still at this I see.

Create the part in AutoCAD. Save the file in an earlier file format since it appears that you are not using the 2011 version of ProNest (please confirm). You can save it as a drawing file (dwg file extension) or as a drawing exchange file (dxf file extension) as, according to what ProNest says, it can import both file types.

Re: Save as. I'd pick 2000 dwg or dxf file format. Use the "Save As" option under File at the top of your screen.

Come to think of it, perhaps the ability to import dwg or dxf files is something new to ProNest and not available in the version you have?

Does your version of ProNest have a Help file?

Actually I draw the object in Autocad 2017 software and after when I am adding to pro nest 8 it shows error like  "couldn't not add part".