Revit introduction to an office

mshearer

I currently work for a landscape architectural practice and we've recently begun to take a look at possibly adding a Revit license and so as to be able to 'speak' with consultants that do currently use the program.

I was wondering what the initial investment as far as equipment goes, as well as training and more-over office culture associated with this program.

Is it necessary to dedicate specific employees to the task of being the 'Revit-guy'?

What kind of time period is required to ramp up from opening the program to actually creating usable models?

Finally, do you think it's seen as critical for your landscape architect to be Revit proficient and is the programs site modeling as effective as building modeling?

I appreciate any feedback, obviously this is only one channel that we're exploring to find more information on the program.

Thanks in advance...