Raster printing problem

Bob

Dear group,

I have a printing problem. When printing raster images, which we lay beneath our drawings, there are white lines that appear across the total width of the plot. These lines are typically 2 mm in width and are spaced neatly apart in the vertical axis, about 40 mm on an A4 sheet. The same problem exists on all three office printers (A4 and A2) which I guess should rule out problems with the individual print drivers.

Upon scouring the last 400 or so posts on the newbie forum I cannot find where someone has had a similar problem.

We run AutoCad 2004 and windows xp pro.

Has anyone experienced what I have described? Can anyone shed any light on what to go looking for as it does not seem to happen all the time.

Very frustrating.

Regards,

Bob.

Hi;

not to answer your question but just to advise you to change your Thread title; it would be a lot better if your question was related to your title so guys here will have a look at it.

Good question! I have just now tried a PDF print and the problem has gone which has saved my bacon in the short term, though I do need to get the original issue resolved.

Thankyou so much for your assistance Tiger!

Cheers,

Bob.

So can you first plot to PDF and then to the plotter (just make sure the scales are correct) without the stripes showing up?

Not that I have anything against stripes :wink:

I have no idea what could cause it from the start though...

Hi Tiger,

Have just tried reprinting and those damned stripes prevail! Looks like I'll have to PDF things for a while. I experienced this problem once before, though it was after receiving a file from others. I figured that the problem was due to some excess baggage that came in with the drawings and didn't think too much more about it until now. The problem is not consistent either. I have not had this issue for some months, yet it appears now.

Cheers,

Bob

Thanks for providing a link to my problem. It would seem that I am not the only one with this issue. Does anyone have an answer as yet? I can live with the issue, and I now have a way around it thanks to the group, but can it be fixed?

Thanks to all.

Cheers,

Bob.