Hebrew

scottlandarch

Hi I have been using AutoCAd for several years now, I just moved to Israel where I am working as a architectural assitant. however my current laptop dose not read the Hebrew in the drawings and simply converts into question marks, like so "???? ???".

Is it possible to recify this situation?

Thank you

Sorry I don't know what happened to my last post, I have no Hebrew fonts on my computer, however when I click on the text it reads the value of the text in perfect Hebrew

the question marks are often when AutoCAD can't find the character definition in the font file. This is normally because you don't have the correct font file. Highlight the text and check the style, then type STYLE and see what font file that particular style is looking for. Now you need to get that particular font from somewhere else and add it to your machine.

Sometimes another font gets substitued (often simplex.shx but you can set it to anything you like) in which case you will need to press F2 when your drawing first opens to see what font wsasn't found.

the question marks are often when AutoCAD can't find the character definition in the font file. This is normally because you don't have the correct font file. Highlight the text and check the style, then type STYLE and see what font file that particular style is looking for. Now you need to get that particular font from somewhere else and add it to your machine.

Sometimes another font gets substitued (often simplex.shx but you can set it to anything you like) in which case you will need to press F2 when your drawing first opens to see what font wsasn't found.

Also, if you're using a SHX type font you may have to check not only the normal font, but also the Big Font file - especially with words containing non-ASCII letters. If it's a TTF font, you should simply need to install it to the Windows/Fonts folder - however, be warned thare may be 2 versions of the same font (e.g. you get a normal Arial.TTF as well as a Arial.TTF with unicode). Usually the unicode fonts are in the size of several megabytes as they contain definitions for thousands of letters, the "normal" western fonts seldom go over 1MB in size.

Hi guys I still have the same problem, none of it worked, this is very strange indeed, I'll just have to use the bosses computer which is a bit of an inconveinience, I could e-mail you the file and you could see if you could open it, then you could tell me how to do it, I've also just installed Hebrew fonts and it has not made a difference, it even lets me copy and paste Hebrew text into the page, it doesn't make any sense

Just as a test, open the DWG on one of the PCs where it works correctly. Type ETRANSMIT, check which fonts are shown in the list. Do the same on your PC and see what's the difference.