Double-vision or text run amok?

ReMark

I've noticed that on ocassion a word gets repeated in the final post even though it appears only once in the draft version. Almost always the word comes at the end of a line. I've seen this at another site that utilizes VBulletin as well. Why is that?

Never seen it on my end either - a screenshot would be great. It could be an IE-issue I assume, didn't David say that the site is behaving strange in IE after the update?

no stutter stutter that I know know of. Or that I see. see. seeee.

ReMark, does it looks the same for you as the image (if you can see it, ha ha) from Designerstuart? I am wondering if its a graphics thing, that IE doesn't know whether shift the word to the next line or not and to compensate it puts the word on both lines?

Lo and behold, I have managed to reproduce it!

In IE, when I change the size of the window I can fit it exactly so that the word Almost shows up on two lines. A little bit smaller and the Almost stays on the second row, a little bit bigger and Almost stays on the top row. So I stick with my theory - IE doesn't know when to move the word and compensates with duplicating it.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the report guys, I have to admit that vB4 does have some curious behaviour in IE7, each upgrade seems to address a ton of IE7 bugs and we're due for another bugfix soon.

Foe best fidelity, use FireFox but if you're stuck with IE7 at work, all I can say is that things are getting better but it will never look as good as it does in other browsers. The forum mostly works fine with IE8 but IE9 (when it arrives) should provide a similar experience to FF. I haven't tried the beta yet but I see good reports.