More Detail And Help In Rendering

Jackctbyrd

I am running Revit 2010 MEP, I am having a few issues that i could use some help in.

1) I am still fairly new to rendering and making my stuff all nice and showy in walkthroughs. How do you go about setting the rendering for outside and inside with out having to do it in sections. Example: I design an office building I want to show the outside with the sun shine and trees and walkways than dive into the first floor where the waiting room has a few chairs and a table than down the hall to walk by several closed doors. Is there a way to set this once or do I have to do the outside as a section than the inside as a section?

2) i work mainly in mechanical design and want to render a walkthrough, in my walkthrough I would like to see more detail in the light fixtures and in the mechanical grilles (supply and return grilles) but all I get is a grey square blob. I have tried using an image of a light fixture or grille on the bottom face of a mass and the dumb thing tiles the image and so i end up with 4 images instead of 1 centered image. So in a tacky fashion I have taken the mass and painted one of the faces yellow. as you can imagine yuk.

3) While rendering a walkthrough I understand that it takes forever and this I accept, what i don't understand is why can I not set it and forget it. I have tried starting a rendered walkthrough at the end of the day to run over night but come the next morn It has ran into an error and has stopped at about frame 60 of we'll say 500. I have done this with both rendering out to an AVI and to JPEG images and both times it has hit an error and won't continue. This still happens when I spend the day watching it. It renders out about 60 frames before Revit encounters an error and has to shut down.

So I ask any who read this post for help on these issues. If you know of a good free tutorial that I might read through, or something it would be most appreciated.

Regards,

Jack Byrd

Attached Is a rendered image of what I have got any advice to pretty it up would help.

Rendered00075.jpg