AutoCAD crashes when listening to Radio online

bobsy852

My AutoCAD2009 LT in the office keeps crashing when I listen to Radio 1 through the computer here at the office.

I listen to the radio like this so I can use headphones and not disturb other office users (I find I work better to music)

However, when i do this and go into layout tabes, after just a min or two of working and setting up layouts my AutoCAD crashes with:

"Unhandled exception has occured, in a component in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this erro and attempt to continue.

Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation."

I have the options of "Details" or "Continue"

Pressing continue merely makes the message reappear straight away.

Details read:

"Application does not support just-in-time (JIT)

debugging. See the end of this message for details."

(Followed by a lot of other jargon I dont understand and wont fill this topic up with)

And as I've written this topic, it's just crashed in the background too!

Is it something to do with Internet Explorer? Or one of it's add-ons?

Thanks folks

Wait, solved it! It's not the IE crashing it, it's the layers tab I have docked open! Close that and the problem stops!

Woo i can put the radio back on! :twisted:

Wait, solved it! It's not the IE crashing it, it's the layers tab I have docked open! Close that and the problem stops!

Woo i can put the radio back on! :twisted:

Your real problem is your 2gig memory. Streaming radio uses GINORMOUS quantities of it.

Not always. My coworker got on line radio on all day and run ACAD2011 and he got only 1G memory and never crash so far.

Could be that Bobsy is listening to way too much American blues on the radio.:lol:

The error is probably caused more by the two app's going for the same address in memory at the same time than the memory size itself.

Might depend on the regen settings, size of dwg file, and other system settings, and the sound card and whether it's integral or after-market with its own huge mem chip.

Too many variables to make any of this more than a guess.:? I am kinda out of this techy league anyhow.:roll:

But, turning off an AutoCAD feature is not a satisfactory solution.

Haha, nah sorry, UK radio for me! :P

It worked when I tried again, wasn't the radio causing it in the end, just the layers dock being open on the left! :(

Maybe AutoCAD needs an American style warning label on it. "Caution - Product shuts down unexpectedly when productivity features are used.":lol:

Over here go-carts (A petrol or electric powered toy car) are required to carry a label that says "Caution - Product moves while in use.":unsure:

If you listen to THE RADIO on A RADIO - via headphones your program will not be affected - simples, 'swch'.:D

Yes, I do realise you were looking for the technical answer - which is more interesting.:geek:

Haha, nah sorry, UK radio for me! :P

:(

ah, so Oasis 24/7. There's the problem, too much conflict in the band translates to conflict on the computer.

Dana, are you serious about the go-carts?!

ah, so Oasis 24/7. There's the problem, too much conflict in the band translates to conflict on the computer.

Dana, are you serious about the go-carts?!

Absolutely dead serious. Saw it on TV. You should have seen the label on my motorcycle when I first bought it. 6" sq yellow sticker on the gas tank threatening all sorts of death and dismemberment. 3M Multi-purpose Adhesive remover made me feel better.:)

Anyway, I have drawn everyone off topic so I will be quiet now.:cry:8)