Ribbon becoming inactive

busseynova

I keep getting my ribbon greying out and becoming completely unresponsive. It's a customised version, but to be honest I'm pretty clueless about the CUI, so may have done something bad. I can still enter commands using the mouse and command line.

Anyone got any ideas what I've done!?:?

screens capture.jpg

Or failing that can anyone send me the original Architecture 2010 cuix file? Like I said, I'm an idiot and I think I modified the ACAD cuix, which it seems was pretty stupid.

Or failing that can anyone send me the original Architecture 2010 cuix file? Like I said, I'm an idiot and I think I modified the ACAD cuix, which it seems was pretty stupid.

Run the CUI command and reset (or restore) the CUI file.

http://thecadgeek.com/blog/2009/08/reset-cui-verses-restore-cui-whats-the-difference/

Failing that, just get the file out of your deployment or off the media disk.

Ah, cool, that was my next port of call as soon as I get 5 minutes (not today then). I'll learn to do it properly this time.

Cheers.

Do you have multiple versions of CUI's loaded?

I know that if you load the ACA & Autocad CUI's that the mtext ribbon tab that is in both CUi's will conflict with each-other & caouse the greying out whenever you select a piece of text.

I found deleting the ribbon tab from one or the other CUI fixes things so you can load both CUI's.