ObjectARX 2007

xTNickx

Hello!

I use Autocad Land Desktop 2007 and I would like to start coding for it in ObjectARX. However, I don't seem to find 2007 version...

As a side question, what VS should be used for this?

I already tried to create a simple arx with VS 2008 and ObjectARX 2006, but autocad complains that:

X.arx is incompatible with this version of AutoCAD

where X is the name of my dll/arx.

Thank you!

Nick

Here is a link to register for a license and download the current ObjectARX SDK's.

You may have to Google AutoCAD 2007 ObjectARX SDK to find a suitable alternative download location for older SDK's.

As I understand it, the current VS (Express/Full) should be sufficient, provided the appropriate SDK.

Hope this helps!

Hello!

As a note for lost seeker that arrives at this post, I have tried OARX 2007 with VS Express 2008. Everything builds just fine, but Autocad complains:

Unable to load X.arx file.

So VS 2005 Express is required, maybe..

- followed the advices here for wizard (but didn't have time to check how it works)

- and then I have opened the help; put the hello world example into my new project (console, then some tweaks in project properties) and compiled

- VC throws LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'mfc80u.lib' (!)

- Express => no mfc 8)

- provided some mfc folder and the dll/arx was build successfully (probably should provide mfc from VS 2005, but I have no such thing)

And I have a running app now telling Hello world to the people :)

Best regards,

Nick