Another student with an "Oleson Village" Plat Map question.

Grip Grip

I have the project approximately 90% completed, but I'm a little confused about the intersection of SW Washington, SW Kensington Place, and SW Oleson Rd. Any chance I can send it to someone that's completed the project to determine if I've got it right. I could also just post up a screen shot.

Thanks,

Anthony

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• Grip Grip

• Tiger

• cherax

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

By the way, I learned a long time ago with Penn Foster that calling them for assistance was futile. I've completed all exams for my Industrial Engineering Technology degree, and the only thing keeping me from graduating is this project. :) I just wanted to let you guys know I'm no leach.

The images are there - are you on IE again ReMark?

Yes I am but not for long. I don't care what the IT department says I'm installing FireFox. This is just ridiculous. Hold on. As Arnold once said..."I'll be back!"

Guess what? It didn't work! Still no images!!

What is going on here? I'm losing my mind. Oops. Scratch that. Been there...lost that.

There must be something else amiss. Must go on the prowl for source of problem.

I have not figured out my problem but perhaps this image will help the OP with his problem.

[ATTACH]23353[/ATTACH]

Thank you very much! This has definitely cleared things up for me.

• 1 month later...

Hello, i'm also working on that map, and am having trouble understanding what is meant by the following text: "All the roadways in the subdivision have sidewalks that are 6 feet wide. there's a 1-foot buffer between the right-of-way and the beginning of the sidewalk, and there's a 3-foot parking strip between the sidewalk and the curb." How should that be understood, edge of road/curb, then 1' buffer, then 3' of parking, then 6' of sidewalk? that would mean we need 4 lines, and in the examples seen above i see only three lines. I need help comprehending this text please.

Thanks!

You are on the right track. The right-of-way (street line to street line) is most likely 50 feet. From the street line to the back of walk is 1 foot. The sidewalk is 6 feet. The parking strip is probably a combination of 2.5 feet of grass and a 6 inch curb which would account for the 3 foot parking strip. Thus we would have 10 feet on each side of the road or a total of 20 feet used for purposes other than vehicular traffic. 50 feet minus 20 feet yields a paved roadway width of 30 feet which sounds just about right for most municipalities.

I would agree with you that there should be four lines not three. I can only surmise that the street line, the back of the walk, and the curb are being shown and the front edge of walk was left off for some unknown reason.