New Project for Inventor (Newbees!!)

Steve_wright

Nice work ...the rendering makes a whole lot of difference.

Hello

Have you just started using inventor Calibos and are you having a go?

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rdharvey

• Hopinc

• Steve_wright

• Calibos

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

what drawing have u done b4 then steve, i started on autocad r14 on windows 95

went thru a book by Bob Mcfarlane.. seems almost antique now by inventer standards

Didn't do any drawing stuff before autodesk.

nearly got a job at work helping the cad manager out.... but doesn't look like it's going to happen :(..........( since i did the course i just got hooked.. ):thumbsup:

Bottom view of the sky + control

nearly finished mine ....and some bits i don't think are right but i'll ask my questions later :thumbsup:model r.jpg

I have only been using inventor for 2 and a half months.. i used solid works and pro e at university. I like inventor though very similar to SW. So what do you guys do for work if its not cad related?

Rob

I have only been using inventor for 2 and a half months.. i used solid works and pro e at university. I like inventor though very similar to SW. So what do you guys do for work if its not cad related?

Rob

Well, I am into photography, cycling, image retounching..

Rob

I work in a Factory forming plastics and making emergancy doors for busses... i am

hoping to help out the cad manager in the future ....keeping my fingers crossed with that...lol

ahh i see all sounds interesting i used to work in a factory producing label machinery... i was on the milling section although i decided it wasnt for me and went to university! luckily i got a job not long after i graduated this year!

I'm learning a lot, but I'm still having some trouble with the render.

If I render Illustration, you can actually see the Emboss on the faceplate, but the render realistic actually makes a better looking image as far as the buttons go.

I've tried changing the colors, without much luck.

ScreenShotHP11C.jpg

RealisticHP11C.png

IllustrationHP11C.png

Hi Guys,

Just thought I would call in and see how things are going. I am pleased to see that you are all making good headway.

As for those that chose to model the Sky controller, let me say how brave I think you are to have a go at it - it is anything but simple. In fact I would regard it as one of the design icons of our age. It's a masterpiece of styling.

I started to model one myself sometime ago, but after I had created the outer shape using a lot of "advanced" surfacing techniques other things got in the way and I never got around to finishing it.

Mr. Bradley, I know where you are coming from regarding rendering and it not being easy. It is something that needs a LOT of patience and practice, together with a good eye. Keep experimenting, I am sure that you will start to achieve the results you want. It does get slightly easier the more you do.

One piece of advice that I will offer is to try all the standard lighting scenarios first. Find the one that is nearest to what you want and then adjust it to suit your needs - add lights, change lighting colours, move lights, alter backgrounds and colours, etc.

Watch the demos on the internet and take it from there. No two people will ever render a model the same way.

Regards to all,

Dave

Edited by Hopinc

trouble.jpg

Drawn part of my remote control, and have gone for something a lot less linear than most remotes.In fact there are no str8 lines on it.

Any way, i have put a couple of the pieces in an assembly, to check there fit to each other.

When i constrain the battery compartment, or the buttons, to the remote top they disappear to a far away place in the assembly.

The nearest i have got, is the battery compartment constrained to the original sketch.

Is inventor doing this because of the way i have drawn the top section?..(ie..curved along its length) or am i missing something.

cant attach files software wont let me(tut)..shame (.ipt invalid file)erroricon8.gif

Cheers ..Calibosicon12.gif

As for those that chose to model the Sky controller, let me say how brave I think you are to have a go at it - it is anything but simple. In fact I would regard it as one of the design icons of our age. It's a masterpiece of styling.

I agree, it's not the easiest of items to draw and I would be more inclined to use surfacing techniques which is a little more advanced.

Saying that though. Even though it is a "harder" beginners project. At least it gives you a good insight into more advance techniques which in turn gives you a better learning experience.

Good Luck guys.