New Project for Inventor (Newbees!!)

Steve_wright

Hi Rob,

I breathed a sigh of relief when I read your response. I did not want to offend you, and I must admit that I made my comments very "tongue-in-cheek."

Your course sounds interesting, I have only ever seen one demonstration of rendering and that was via a "Go to meeting" conference. Frankly I was not impressed by it, and I actually thought the tutor made his images worse rather than improving them. Trouble is, to a great extent, rendering images is a very personal thing.

Do you mind me asking how much your course is costing? One area where I could do with strengthening my own knowledge is animation.

Regards,

Dave

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rdharvey

• Hopinc

• Steve_wright

• Calibos

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

piston render.jpg

Here's my attempt Robert, colourised it to show different components, i need more practice with the render styles, to get it to look as good as yours.

Edited by Calibos

Hi Guys,

I know that you have been using Rob's cylinder as a project tool, but I wondered if you all new that models of commercial products like these are downloadable free off the internet - from such web sites as 3D Content Central (www.3dcontentcentral.com).

There are quite a few other sites if you look for them, and they are a resource that you might find useful in the future. All you have to do is register and log in. Pictured is a cylinder that I downloaded for illustration purposes and created a quick rendering using KeyShot. I went for the moody look :lol:

Regards,

Dave

cylinder_png.jpg

untitled.2.jpg

15 day trial of key shot...distinct lack of colour???

colour.jpg

for some reason my nuts go missing when i used keyshot2...huh?

Edited by Calibos

i have a unicycle assignment somewhere ill have to try dig it out!

nice one harvey...took me more than 2 hours tho. to do it, probably took me a good hour to do piston with dimensions being every where. Still liked it tho..good practice.

Hi Rob,

I breathed a sigh of relief when I read your response. I did not want to offend you, and I must admit that I made my comments very "tongue-in-cheek."

Your course sounds interesting, I have only ever seen one demonstration of rendering and that was via a "Go to meeting" conference. Frankly I was not impressed by it, and I actually thought the tutor made his images worse rather than improving them. Trouble is, to a great extent, rendering images is a very personal thing.

Do you mind me asking how much your course is costing? One area where I could do with strengthening my own knowledge is animation.

Regards,

Dave

Dave,

I have done my course through micro concepts in cambridge.

The course price is £395 for a one day course..

:)

nice one harvey...took me more than 2 hours tho. to do it, probably took me a good hour to do piston with dimensions being every where. Still liked it tho..good practice.

yeah i agree the drawing are pretty messy to be honest! not proE's strong point to be honest!

Hi Rob,

Approximately what percentage of the course was devoted to animation?

Dave

Im currently on the course! there is only me here so we have focused on what ever i need really, but i believe the structure is half rendering half animation...

Hi Steve,

Are you aware that PTC is dropping ProE and will have a new product called CREO out as a replacement next summer? I've ordered a demo copy to have a look.

Regards,

Dave

Yeah I noticed that the other week there when I was on the PTC website.

A few of our clients use pro engineer and couldn't find any info on it. It wasnt till I went onto u tube I found that they were changing it altogether. U have tried proE a few years back but didn't find it as good as the likes of solidworks or inventor.

I'm not overkeen on ProE myself. The new "Creo" seems to be following along the lines of SolidEdge synchronous technology and of course Fusion. Solidworks 2011 already has a certain amount of the same direct editing technology, and to a lesser extent Inventor with it's much overlooked "Move Face" command.

As with all new software I will keep an eye on it. In truth though I have never found anything as intuitive to use as Inventor.

It's going to get interesting in the next few years.

Regards,

Dave

• 7 months later...
Well done guys! glad you liked it... i have a unicycle assignment somewhere ill have to try dig it out!

I know it has been a while harvey, but any chance of looking for the uni cycle assignment, would love to have a do at something else.