• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Akatszuki

• Cad64

• 2 weeks later...

LG+L-03B+ntt+docomo+japan.jpg

I've done it like what u said, using lines and extrude it . But i'm stuck at that picture again, I dont know how to make that part . ): (as shown in the picture) can u help me ? ):

doco5.jpg

I explained the procedure of how to create a solid object out of a spline outline here: http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?53487-Extrude-from-a-line-drawing

I think i can do that . >

but i still dont know how to make the under part . >

and u make that from line tools ? o.o so clean ...

Edited by Akatszuki

so how do i extrude the lower part ?

This is where poly modeling skill is required. If you don't know how to poly model then you can't create complex models. Have you been reading tutorials like I suggested? Have you gone through the tutorials provided in the Max Help menu?

In order to extrude the lower part, you will need to cut poly's and move and weld vertices. It's a little complicated to explain. You need to study tutorials.

This is where poly modeling skill is required. If you don't know how to poly model then you can't create complex models. Have you been reading tutorials like I suggested? Have you gone through the tutorials provided in the Max Help menu?

In order to extrude the lower part, you will need to cut poly's and move and weld vertices. It's a little complicated to explain. You need to study tutorials.

Ahh ic ic, 1 question, is there a 'pathfinder'-like tool in 3ds max ? The one in adobe illustrator .

Yes but it's called Boolean or Pro-Boolean in Max. These tools will allow you to perform the same type of actions that the Pathfinder tool does in Illustrator. Check your Max Help files for information on how these tools work.

Yes but it's called Boolean or Pro-Boolean in Max. These tools will allow you to perform the same type of actions that the Pathfinder tool does in Illustrator. Check your Max Help files for information on how these tools work.

Ty so much ! >w