Whats a decent rendering software?

Devilinity

Whats a decent rendering software to transfer from autocad too apart from 3D Max ... I heard of Rhino and Flamingo are they both decent? Any other decent ones?

Depends on how much $$$ you have in your wallet. What is the budget you have to work with? No sense looking for a Ferrari when all you can afford is a Toyota.

To be honest Rhino doesn't really have a rendering engine. You have to use Flamingo with it and it can give great results.

What are you trying to render?

Cinema4D is a good all in one package.

Lightwave

XSi

If you are doing archectural exteriors, Vue might be a good choice.

If you are on the cheap, just use SketchUp and Kerkythea.

To be honest Rhino doesn't really have a rendering engine. You have to use Flamingo with it and it can give great results.

Lightwave

XSi

If one were to get 'serious' about rendering their projects (for marketing) whould a package other than what comes with acad 09 be desirable?

and what price range are we talking for Rhino, Flamingo and the like?

Lightwave

XSi

Mostly looking to do product type rendering

If one were to get 'serious' about rendering their projects (for marketing) whould a package other than what comes with acad 09 be desirable?

and what price range are we talking for Rhino, Flamingo and the like?

I don't understand fully on how to use 2009 render feature as my previous version was 2005 ... So its a big leap, so looking for maybe a more easier to learn or more user-friendly and decent software to render with ...

I've done the tutorial mentioned by f700es and it mostly covers lighting, backgrounds and shadows. If you print out the file it's about 32 (single-sided) pages. The tutorial includes a drawing to work with as well.

At the risk of repeating myself, what kind of budget do you have? Unlimited or just what's in your pockets right now along with the stick of gum and some lint?

At the risk of repeating myself, what kind of budget do you have? Unlimited or just what's in your pockets right now along with the stick of gum and some lint?

how much is 3Ds Max?

I've done the tutorial mentioned by f700es and it mostly covers lighting, backgrounds and shadows. If you print out the file it's about 32 (single-sided) pages. The tutorial includes a drawing to work with as well.

Is it any good? I thought I might look at it during lunch today.

Sean

It's alright. I was kind of hoping for something a little more in depth.

I have two problems. I get hung up on lighting and my materials, when rendered, just don't come out looking as I imagine they should. They don't look realistic enough. But i keep trying.

:geek: Lets say unlimited

Acad 2009 should be just fine for this. Remember that 2007 and up has the 3D max engine in it now. You should be able to find some tutorials on using the engine in Acad.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?siteID=123112&id=10975906

Maybe worth a look :unsure:

I understand most of the stuff ... But not to sure on how to customise the material settings, though it gives you a short description hint box ... It doesn't quite do it