Is it possible to create a wire mesh in sheet metal?

Ste1978

Hi all,

Is it possible to create a sheet of 50x50mm Wire mesh, with a 6mm bar perimeter in Inventor's sheet metal environment? This way I could manipulate and bend the sheets and produce flat patterns.

The mesh I refer to is as the picture attached.

Thanks,

S

IMAG0113.jpg

Simply use a texture on the sheetmetal part. What version of Inventor are you using? Attach sample (sheetmetal) part here and I'll show how to display as wire mesh.

Looking forward to solution on this.

I have done this before ... but full model of each wire ... :S Looks good in drawing, but not for design ....

Simply use a texture on the sheetmetal part. What version of Inventor are you using? Attach sample (sheetmetal) part here and I'll show how to display as wire mesh.

I'm using Autodesk Inventor Pro 2010. Here is a sheet metal 6mm panel. This for example, we would bend to for a 'c' using two bend points.

Sheetmetal.zip

WinZip has a problem with this archive, saying it is invalid, however WinRAR opens the file OK.

Regards,

Dave

I don't use third party softwares like Winzip or WinRAR on my machine.

In any case is sounds like a flat sheet. Is that a real part? I was expecting something complex.

Hi JD,

Yes, Ste1978's file contains just a flat sheet.

JD, I am hoping that you are going to go into creating/editing bmp texture images for producing an open mesh. I know how they work but creating/editing these files remains a mystery to me?

Dave

Edited by Hopinc