Help Me out Pls...I need to Produce an Photorealistic Image TODAY of this!

Ters

Please Help??? I've Been away a longtime

Hello there,

Its been a long time since i logged on. I've been away doing different things and whats good... is i'm back. Im back to finish what i started. Could you help me??

I have this model im trying to render and add materials to. Modelled in SketchUp and exported to max but when it renders, the roof is missing? Please can you tell me whats going on??

Thanks you.

N>B..I'm the equivalent of a beginner now coz i've forgotten most of it. Ive attached the image. it.jpgHow can I bring this design to life?? Thank you anyone out there.

Cheers

Andrew

3ds max 2010

hoping to get Vray soon

I think the roof is not missing, it's just that the polygons are flipped inside out. You need to select the roof somehow. Try orbiting around and see if you can find a way to select it. Then right click and choose "Object Properties". In the properties dialog, uncheck "Backface Cull". This will allow you to see the backside of the polygons so you will be able to select them and flip them.

Its been going on really good ... I went back to school and i'm out and about now.... Came back to refresh myself with some CAD and hopefully learn something new...Can you tell me how to add materials onto this model and render in Vray> i just installed the vray plugin. I did everything you said but nothing happened. what i do next?

T

I just re-read your original post. Are you saying that the roof only disappears when rendered? Is it there when you look at the model in the viewport?

Is there any way you can zip the file and post it here?

I don't use Vray, so you're on your own with that. Unless someone else can help?

Working with materials can be a little tricky to learn, and can be very difficult to explain here in the forum. I would suggest that you consult your Max Help files first. There's loads of information in there. Take some time and read through all of that and then come back with specific questions. It will be much easier to explain things once you have some knowledge about the materials editor, UVW mapping, etc.

Also, if you're not already aware of this, there are lots of very good tutorials available directly from the Max Help menu. Just click on "Tutorials".

Your thread title, I don't think you'll get a photo-realistic result in just one day of experience since it's your first time to use vray as your rendering engine, but if you really want a photorealistic render all you need is TIME.

can you tell us what do you know about rendering? so we may know were to start here.

Hi Rod,

Ive sent it.

cheers

I just re-read your original post. Are you saying that the roof only disappears when rendered? Is it there when you look at the model in the viewport?

Is there any way you can zip the file and post it here?

I don't use Vray, so you're on your own with that. Unless someone else can help?

Working with materials can be a little tricky to learn, and can be very difficult to explain here in the forum. I would suggest that you consult your Max Help files first. There's loads of information in there. Take some time and read through all of that and then come back with specific questions. It will be much easier to explain things once you have some knowledge about the materials editor, UVW mapping, etc.

Also, if you're not already aware of this, there are lots of very good tutorials available directly from the Max Help menu. Just click on "Tutorials".

I've looked at your file, and honestly, I would just throw it out and start over. You have a lot of overlapping geometry and some things, like the roof, are completely missing. It would probably take longer to fix all the problems than it would to just start over and build the model in Max.

If you're going to build models in Sketchup, then you should probably keep them in Sketchup because apparently they don't import well into Max.