Single License Server Model - Taking over this role

tzframpton

I have a question. At my new company I finally figured out that we have a Single License Server Model. We have two active licenses in our office as of right now, but five people use AutoCAD MEP when needed. All this was set up before I came here. I have done my fist install of AutoCAD on a new workstation we received and I'm having issues with the license connecting to the licensing server. I've been reading the NAG and it seems that I need to get familiar with the server in our I.T. room, and possibly have some type of access to it so I can get information that I need.

We have an I.T. company that we outsource everything through, so no longer do I have an in-house I.T. Admin like at my last company. It asks me on the workstation where I installed AutoCAD MEP, I looked in the help file to see how I could find the Network License server name was. It said in the command prompt to use ipconfig /all then use the Host Name. I assume this needs to be done on the server and not the local machine. This makes me assume that I just need to have some type of access to the server that the Network Licensing Utility is installed on.

Just looking for a confirmation from someone who deals with this (or has dealt with this) and maybe any other tips about a licensing server model vs. single user licenses like I have always been used to. Thanks in advance. -T