Text, dimensions and notes in paper space

Cad Monkey 2

I have a large CAD detail library now - all of them in in model space and all scaled up (ridiculously large) to fit on a sheet in model space with the old ridiculously large border & title block. So I'll probably be just bringing them into paper space scaled down and adusting the dimensions accordingly. Most of them have text overrides on the dimensions anyway since they are N.T.S. so the sizes shown won't be affected.

SuperCAD, your dynamic blocks sound very cool, but that type of thing is for the future for me. I'm mostly interested in bringing my existing details into paper space in the best/proper way and doing new ones in the best/proper way from now on.

Thanks for the help.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cad Monkey 2

• ReMark

• SuperCAD

• Pablo Ferral

I recommend that you always work with 'Standard' scales - depending on your local standard (ISO, ANSI e.t.c.). Annotative scaling works very well with this method. Another 'Traditional' technique is to add all your dimensions in model space, but separate out different scales using layers. 1:1 Dimensions on one layer, 1:2 Dimensions on another layer and so on (If you use this technique I recommend you build all your styles onto a palette).

Every Annotation technique has advantages and disadvantages, you may have to try a few out before you get something that works for your company.