Command not allowed because drawing contains objects from a newer version of this ap

p0026376

Hello all,

I've got a very frustrating issue. I'm working in AutoCAD MEP 2009. I've got a set of about 20 drawings for a specific project. All were created from the same template, use xref's obtained from the architects, and every block/etc I've created for the project has been done in MEP 2009. No other versions of AutoCAD have been involved.

The only non MEP 2009 work is from drawings that have been XREF'd in.

On a certain few of my drawings I've begun to get this errror,

"Command not allowed because drawing contains objects from a newer version of

this application."

when I try and do things like add conduit, cable tray, try to select similar, apparently anything requiring AEC commands.

Many of the drawings are fine and I'm still able to use these commands, and many of them have conduit and cable tray in them from doing work before whatever caused this issue to occur occured.

Now I'm stumped. I've even taken one of the drawings, removed all XREF's, removed everything in the file and done a purge all so that basically nothing is in the file that I can see, and yet, still, if I try and add cable tray or conduit, etc I get this error!

Can anyone help me? I'd hate to lose all the work I've done because Autodesk does not know how to write good code.

Thanks!!

• 2 months later...