3ds max 2011 student version

nowikovs12

Hi there, I wanted to ask a quick question, I want to install the 3DS max 2011 student version, what I don't wan't is what you get with AutoCad the messages that appear on sides of the plotted paper - Produced by an Autodesk Educational Product. Would these kind of issues appear with 3DS max student version? For instance, when I render an image, it stamps something similar in the corner of the rendered image? Thanks :)

Didn't you get any documentation with the software that tells you what the restrictions are?

From what I've read, some people say there is a watermark and other people say there is no watermark. I've never used the educational version and I can't find any solid documentation verifying the existence or non-existence of a watermark. All I've found is a lot of speculation and no real proof. You should probably contact Autodesk or your local reseller to find out for sure. Or just install it and try it. What do you have to lose?

• 4 weeks later...

I don't have a watermark on my version. I didn't have to set anything to turn it off. Can't you turn off a watermark if it is on? They surely must have included an option for that.

I design commercial playground equipment with CAD.

Edited by Cadderpillar

So you're using 3DS Max, educational version, and there is no watermark on your renders?

Can't you turn off a watermark if it is on?

What good would a watermark be if you could turn it off? Watermarks in educational versions are there to keep the program from being used for commercial purposes. If you could turn it off, everyone would just use the student version and not have to pay for the program. So it's very interesting to hear that there is no watermark on the student version of Max. :?