• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• qball

• its_ikon

• DANIEL

• CyberAngel

If you have to edit the scale list to make them display, the annotative objects may be your problem. They've always been notoriously buggy. I'll do anything to avoid using annotative text.

Have you tried redefining the blocks with non-annotative attributes? If you absolutely must have two scales, can you define two blocks or two sets of attributes and put them on different layers?

i don't have to edit the scale list to make them display. i am trying to think back, but i do think this happens on the blocks with multiple scales. the one variable that confuses me is that all the annotative objects show up on my computer, but may not show up on the other systems which are usually xp or w7. I am on vista.

What happens when you change the ANNOALLVISIBLE?

they still don't show up unless i purge or do the scalelistedit.

• 4 months later...

We recently had problems with AutoCAD 2012 and disappearing Xrefs. They would show up when opened with ACAD 2010, but 2012 would be hit-and-miss - sometimes they were there, othertimes no good... Check system variable OPENPARTIAL and set it to 0 (ours was set to 1 for the ACAD 2012).

• 2 years later...

first of all, who cares how old the thread is, if your looking it up, the problem still exists! :)

Now for the solution... I'm using Acad2014, and had a block that showed up the drawing I created it in, however, when said drawing was xref'd into another file, the "object" would not show up in the PAPER space even tho it appeared in the model space. In the original file where the block was placed, I noticed an "annotative scale" icon appear near my cursor when hovering over the block. I've seen this monster before with text and had to purge it out of my drawing to be able to edit or print my text, so I knew this was my problem.

In the PAPER space problem file, find the annotative scale icon in the lower right of your acad screen (it looks like a ninja star, with a light bulb, though its actually supposed to be an "architectural scale" on end) click this icon, and miraculously my missing block appeared! yippi! No idea how the block got to be that way to begin with tho.

• 5 years later...

Wow!  2011 commands still working great!!!

I just had an issued with my dimensions like this guy did. 

My XREF Background, the dimensions showed no problem.

XREF the background in and the dimensions showed in Model Space no problem.

But, go to Paper Space and no dimensions. 

I typed ANNOALLVISIBLE and used 1 and all the dimensions turned on.

Great Job.

I do have one question. Many have asked this on many websites but no answer is given.

I am using 2020 Full AutoCAD.

I used to have Right Click Justify Text. I could use this and it acted just like Justify Text in Express Tools.

Go from LM to MC and the text would not move. Same but saved a lot of time just having it right now on the mouse.

Everyone want to say it is in the settings of Right-Click Customization settings. it is not.

Any help you can give on this would be great.

Thanks, JRR.