How can I make an exteriorwall with lapboard type siding?

aklaur

Hello

I am an arch student working on an additive housing project.I would just like to create a wall with siding on it? is there an easyway to do this? OR where can I download a wall with this criteria? It can be vinyl wood whatever I just need it to render like siding!

thanks

1. In a project, click Settings menu>Object Styles. Find the object you wish to change, in your case "Walls".
  2. On the Model Objects tab or the Import Objects tab, click in the Material column of the category or subcategory.
  3. Click the button with three dots in the Material column.
  4. In the Materials dialog, select a material, and click OK. See Searching for a Material.
  5. Click Apply.
  6. To exit the Object Styles dialog, click OK.In project views, all elements of the selected category or subcategory display the applied material.

Clipped this out of the help menu in 2009, See if that does it for you. Since you're using 2011, it might be somewhat different.