Style Files

BenE

A while back, I created a .dwg file that has all of my text styles, leader styles, ctb's, plot styles, page setup info, ect. Now I'd like to create a .dwt with all of that stuff without spending the time to recreate all that stuff. I tried deleting all objects and purging everything unnecessary and saving as .dwt, however, there are a couple blocks and one layer that won't purge. Any tips? Does anyone know what the file names are of the styles, and where I could find them?

Thanks,

-Ben

A while back, I created a .dwg file that has all of my text styles, leader styles, ctb's, plot styles, page setup info, ect. Now I'd like to create a .dwt with all of that stuff without spending the time to recreate all that stuff. I tried deleting all objects and purging everything unnecessary and saving as .dwt, however, there are a couple blocks and one layer that won't purge. Any tips? Does anyone know what the file names are of the styles, and where I could find them?

Thanks,

-Ben

You can use the LAYDEL command, then type N for name, select the layer and it will be deleted even if there are objects on that layer in your drawing.

Try the SELECT command, type ALL, then ERASE...that might get rid of some objects you cant see...

hope that helps a little

I usually draw a line and redefine the block selecting only my new line. Accept the "redefine". You can then delete all the lines that have just appeared and purge them. Be careful though, you can delete some "special" AutoCAD blocks. Not that I have ever had trouble doing it this way.

type 'erase' at command line> type 'all' for select object prompt> then hold the 'shift' key & selct evrything visible in your screen with window selection method. than enter.

try purging the blocks again.