How to solve "Drawing Recovery" message

khoshravan

I used to use my AUTOCAD normally with no problem. Recently it became odd as follows but as far as I remember, I haven't add anything to be suspicious of.

When I want to start AutoCAD 2007 by clicking its icon, it closes few seconds after it comes.

When I click on a drawing icon depending on the drawing one of the followings happens:

1- For some drawings it opens normally and I can work on drawings

2- For others (mostly rar files which I have downloaded) following "Drawing Recovery" message appears and AutoCAD freezes and I can't do anything.

Please help me to solve this problem.

My laptop is: SONY VAIO, Windows XP

In your previous work session, the program unexpectedly failed. Information has been gathered

from the drawing files that were open at that time.

The backup Files list displays the backup files that are available. Double-click the files on

the list to open and compare their contents.

Once you determine which file contain the best backup data, use Save As to specify the content

folder location and rename the file

What have you done so far to troubleshoot the problem?

What kinds of drawing files are you downloading? Who created them? What website are they being downloaded from?

I embedded my reply in your quote. sorry if it is hard to read

What have you done so far to troubleshoot the problem?

Nothing. Searching the net and posted above message in Cadtutor. This is a first time to face this problem and don't know how deal with.

What kinds of drawing files are you downloading? A simple house plan. it is a small file (1076KB) but zipped with WinRar.

Who created them? I got it from a Forum in which I am a member. I trust the site but I am not sure how safe is it regarding the virus infection.

What website are they being downloaded from? It is a local forum site. It is not in English and I am afraid you can't read it

I couldn't find any attachment button to send the file. If you think it can help, I can send the file.

Do you suspect it is a virus?

Could it be that the file is somehow corrupt to begin with?

Could someone at this other forum email you a dwg file instead?

To attach a file one must click on the Go Advanced button then look for the Paper Clip icon. There are instructions around here on how to attach files although I'm pretty sure you would have no problem figuring it out.

I have no interest in reading the file contents only in the unusual behavior the file is exhibiting.

As I further searched this site, I find out that I can right-click file names in "Drawing Recovery" and close them.

This worked fine. Now DR pane doesn't appear but I am not sure about the freezing problem or others.

Let me try that and post it here.