Custom Hatch Patterns Containing Text

gman1979

Hi,

I'm familiar with creating hatch patterns using notepad, I have been scouring the web for any examples that meet what I’m looking to do:

I'm looking to create a customer hatch pattern where text is defined within the pattern in the same way text is defined within a custom line-type. So far, the only examples I have found show the text being drawn line by line.

I don’t know if it is possible to do what I’m looking to do, although I’d be surprised if it can’t be done in some way. Any help would be appreciated even if it's to tell me it can’t be done - as it would save me a lot of time going through the forums & AutoCAD help file.

Thanks in advance

Gman

Running

gman1979,

it is too easy.

simply hatch a closed area with HATCH command, then select the new hatch and change the line type of it to a custom linetype with text inside it (i.e. 'Hot water supply' or 'Gas line', etc.).

So, as you can see, you make custom hatch patterns exactly like creating custom line-types.

Mehrdad Ahankhah

www.irancad.com

ahankhah.at.irancad.dot.com