how to get a background layer to print out ghosted (faded) in ACAD 2007?

webgypsy

On a 2D CAD drawing, I'm trying to get the very detailed background structural steel to be ghosted when I print it out so that my electrical conduits will stand out more, and I can't for the life of me remember how to do that.

I've tried changing line weights to .05mm, and I've looked online everywhere for help, but no luck. FYI, the entire drawing is vectored, no inserted images, so I cannot set transparency options on anything.

Any ideas?

In the layers properties manager, each layer has a transparency option. set the object s lyers transparency and plot. In the plot window is a checkbox to plot transparency, check that and you are good to go

There may not be a transparency option in 2007, because there isn't one in 2008. Another solution is to create a color table with some colors screened out to various degrees. For instance, my table has the last few colors set to screen values between 5 and 75. Override those layer colors with the screened-out colors in your viewport.

There may not be a transparency option in 2007, because there isn't one in 2008. Another solution is to create a color table with some colors screened out to various degrees. For instance, my table has the last few colors set to screen values between 5 and 75. Override those layer colors with the screened-out colors in your viewport.

Thanks CyberAngel, and you are correct that 2007 doesn't have a transparency option (that's a new feature in 2011). I am checking into your suggestion, looks like that might be a solution....

CyberAngel, your plot color screening was the answer! Unfortunately I am locked out of changing anything in the client's CTB files here at work, but I found they did have color 254 set to screening at 75 instead of 100, so that should help. Thanks again!