ionic greek column

bernardino

Sounds like a lot of work. Have you tried searching the Internet for a model?

Update: Found one in Lightscape format but not AutoCAD. On second thought, an ionic column appears to be much easier than Corinthian. Check out this image at Turbo Squid:

http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/Index.cfm/ID/309517

Note too that there may be several different styles of the ionic column. Start with the least complex then work your way up to the more complex. Post some examples of your work when you're finished.

Noahma: Could you post a link. I went to what I thought was the AutoDesk website and did manage to find a section called Customer Gallery but alas I found no columns. Thanks.

• 6 months later...

To make a column manual there is a simple command, but i forgot it.

The point is, that you make half of shape of column in 2D with polyline, than use that command, and rotate that shape around vertical line, and you get 3D object.

If anyone come up with that command i will be really grateful, because i need it again, and can't remember what it is :)

have fun

The command you're looking for is REVOLVE.

But that would not work with these columms, becuase (if I remember correctly) these kind of columns have length-wise ridges.

It is however a fairly old thread, so I assume the OP has gotten his columns solved.

You don't know, but you just helped me so much. I have been browsing this forum for 2 hours now, and when i finily decided to ask for help, you anwsered in few minutes. This is great.

I'm modeling a simple round pavilion.

You don't know, but you just helped me so much. I have been browsing this forum for 2 hours now, and when i finily decided to ask for help, you anwsered in few minutes. This is great.

I'm modeling a simple round pavilion.

Glad to help! Sometimes it's just impossible to know what to search for, then it's better to just ask.

A note for the future though - it's always better to start a new thread for each new question instead on continuing on an old thread.