Printer is plotting off scale (I am NOT using "fit to print")

crickettester52

:cry:

I just bought an HP 11x17 printer for my desk...

I'm having several issues with plotting from paperspace - whats on my screen is not pritning out to scale

1- If I dimension my title block in CAD it measures to 16 3/16" wide but when I print it out it equals 16 7/16

2- I put my viewport scale to be 1/4"=1'-0" and when I go to plot I do NOT choose the "fit to print" but rather the default which is 1"=1'. I have tried both printing in extents and window and they are both offscale. I prefer the paperspace to plot from extents (I've looked for things in my paper space that would be outside my title block besides my corner notches which are in the 'defpoints' layer that would throw it off and theres nothing.

Please help me with this headache! I've been working on CAD for 5 years and have never had this problem. Why isn't it printing to scale?

Am I making my title block the wrong size? It is xref'd in from a different dwg but it drawn to 1'=1' in that drawing - Id be happy to send whomever the dwgs too...

Also I have found this:

If I print with borderless print settings I have less title block being cut off... BUT

I changed that in the control panel>printers properties for that specific printer but it does not carry through when I go to plot from CAD... so I set up a temporary file (went into print pref from inside CAD) and it was fine (as in it fit the whole title block but still off scale juuust a little) but I don't want to have to go to print pref every single time I print... and besides that, its still off scale a little :(

Help!

so I figured out how to calibrate my printer and it did NOT solve the problem. When I did my test rectangle... it printed out exact wo that means it must be a user error on my side when plotting but I am still stumped :(

Start a new drawing, in a layout draw a rectangle 15"x9" on a plotting layer. Now plot that using window or extents, scale 1:1, pick center the plot, and paper size 17"x11".