Extrude getting wacky

bbankston

I've got a pretty simple path for the extrude tool to follow, yet it wants to angle my base shoe at a certain point. See screenshot. Also, how can I upload a SKP file so ya'll can take a look at it?

Base Shoe - SketchUp.jpg

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bbankston

• ReMark

• troggarf

• boofredlay

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ReMark,

You should totally SKP. You could DWG or DXF first but it's cool to just SKP if you want. All the cool kids are doing it!

Sorry, ReMark. I've got the DWG file of the baseshoe itself but I have LT over here. I have to use third-party software to get my nifty 3D drawings.

More info:

The first line is at an angle of 10 deg. that's 60 in. long - then it levels out for 54 in. - then it turns at a 90 deg. for 52 in. - then it turns again at 90 deg. with another angle of 10 deg. for 150 in. - one more turn at 90 deg. for 24 in.

Thank you.

So you could provide the profile but not the path right? Oops...while I was typing you were posting. Nevermind.

I used to SKP but my big feet kept getting all tangled up. I have a CD that skips though. LOL

More info:

The first line is at an angle of 10 deg. that's 60 in. long - then it levels out for 54 in. - then it turns at a 90 deg. for 52 in. - then it turns again at 90 deg. with another angle of 10 deg. for 150 in. - one more turn at 90 deg. for 24 in.

Thank you.

So the problem occurs where a level run turns 90 degrees then takes off at an angle?

Yes? It also seems that I didn't read my customer's crude drawings correctly. ReMark, it only happens at compound miters. See screenshots:

Base Shoe - SketchUp 1.jpg

Base Shoe - SketchUp 2.jpg

Base Shoe - SketchUp close-up.jpg

Then you have solved the problem by reason of your mental prowess?

BTW...Can you substitute a pic of your newborn for your avatar? The one you have now gives me the shivers. It's like a rerun of a bad science fiction movie. LOL

Problem not solved, ReMark. SketchUp is not digging the compound miter at the end there.

My avatar is the shizzle, ReMark. I created that myself with a photo of my face superimposed on my tongue. It's my homage to Kung-Pow!

How about extruding the profile for each leg of the run and clean up the corners as required? Yeah, I know, too much work.

Tried that, they didn't come out level. With the new extrusion path there's only one compound miter now.

Wouldn't they come out level if each profile were inserted perpendicular to the leg they were being extruded on?

What new extrusion path? Did you already change what you posted previously?

Stop messin' with my mind dude. I have washing machines, microwave ovens and toasters to think about. Machines rule and man drools.

New extrusion see thread 11

And no, they would be perpendicular per se but, one path is at a 10 deg. angle while the other is at a 0 deg.

I was refering to the written dimensions and angles you gave previously not to any image.

Well we both know it can be built correctly so why does it go wacky in SketchUp?