Export problem - colors of 3D wall surfaces

Hmm..

Hello!

I have a question for professionals videlicet, why it is not possible to export the colors of 3D wall surfaces?

For example, there is a wall, whose color of internal surface is blue, but the color of external surface is yellow? In ArchiCAD it is possible to save the 3D model as 3DS file and when this file is imported in autocad, then all the surfaces have the colors that were specified earlier and thesame 3D model is displayed. Have anyone dealed with this situation? Is there a way I can achieve this?

Any ideas would be highly appreciated!

Regards

These colors can be changed by clicking File, Import/ Export Settings, Export Layers DWG/DXF. Scroll down the element you wish to change. Then under Color ID column change the pen number to the desired color. These pen numbers are based on the 255 plot style numbers AutoCAD uses. You can also change the layer name is exports to as well under layer name column. Hope this helps.

-Dom

Thank you again!

I clicked all the way under the file - export - cad formats - options and also there under layer settings.. every time i open it in CAD the wall is yellow all the way.. Did you try? An the layer is named 3d-WALL..

Thank you.. you didn't understand me.. I added a pic. Internal surface of this wall differs from outside surface. So I wish to see the same situation when I open it in autocad. Any ideas?

Exporting form archicad like a 3DS file, i can import it in autocad, and every surface gets its automatic layer name automatically.

1.jpg

Well the best way would be to go File, Export, 3ds Max (FBX). This keeps any materials applied in Revit and surfaces and transfer them to 3ds max. I believe this only works with 2009 products, but am sure you could find a FBX plugin on Autodesk site. Then open 3ds max File, Import, FBX file. Hope this helps.

-Dom

It worked perfectly! somewhere between exports wall length values have changed from, for example 2000 to 1999.9999. But actually its the same..

I'm very happy about that!!! Thank you very + very much!!!:):):)

P.S. Are you well known with 3DS MAX?! Is it good software for designing rooms etc.?

Am no expert with 3ds max. I just know enough to render and modify stuff. Roof's arean't to hard to do with Revit. You just have to now how to make it work useing the tools provided by Autodesk.

I see.. I was just thinking to learn 3D MAX to render internal design of houses, kitchens, bathrooms etc. Right now I don't know what this program is capable of.