Core I7 At 1.73 ghz Solid While Rendering

Raudel Solis

A core i7 rated at 2.93 ghz max stays solis at 1.73 ghz while rendering

dont come at me with bull that drawins are simple, rendering is an intensive process

even renders with final gather and max quality wont make the cpu go over 1.73 ghz

dont come at me with heat issues because i can place my laptop in my freezer and it will not go over 1.73 ghz while rendering

i know the computer is a beast at rendering because at times when i hit cancel on the render window, it renders like 8 boxes in 2 seconds before it executes the cancel command

So whats wrong

What are you rendering anyway. Describe the scene.

What Attenuation Start Limit and Attenuation End Limit values?

Are you using the software acceleration driver or are you using the direct3d10.hdi driver?

Have you tried disabling your antivirus software while rendering?

Can you post an image of your Advanced Render Settings?

Why are you so mad at everyone? Cool your jets. You'll find a lot of suggestions being put forth because all systems are unique in some fashion. What works best for me may not work for you. It doesn't help either that we aren't sitting right in front of your computer watching what happens at the same time you are. So why don't you give us a break OK?

oh nah, personally i can build and disassemble a workstation my self set up bios, im computer smart but i got my limits,

anyways my settings are maxed out, i dont know what you mean by attenuation

i just opened autocad and set affinity in task manager to run on only four cores instead of eight and it finally broke the 1.73 ghz barrier :D, im gonna render two scenes 1 with 4 cores, 1 with 8 cores, il show results,

You almost answered one of my questions and the rest you ignored. Then you go on to brag about being able to build a computer. That's nice but what does it have to do with the price of tea in China?

Re: Attenuation.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=8012635&linkID=9240615

I thought you knew all about this stuff?

i believe attenuation shows up in the render box in 3ds max, guess thats what im thinking about, i only got 6 hr sleep:D

my lighting is the defaul 1500 cd

56.xX LM

American Lighting

the only thing i adjust is the brightness contrast in the adjust exposure box

my graphics card is at best Quality

so anti aliasing, blah and blah and blah is maxed out

i dont really think it matters what im rendering since it applys to every rendering ive done

anyways zoomed out view of the bathroom, showing area outside of the house thats empty

ive only contacted autodesk 2 times in my life

1 about purchases, 2

about activation xD

Can You Give me The Contact Details?

There appears to be a couple of options for contacting AD depending on the nature of the problem/question. Try as many as you can. Who knows, maybe someone will actually reply. If you get any worthwhile answers post them. Good luck.

Try disabling Hyperthreading in the BIOS. (Hyperthreading on the i7 creates an additional virtual core for every real core, in real world situations it has limited use, and often slows the computer down with it's internal core switching.)

k

no reply from autocad so far

but heres a tip,

everyone should know what ray tracing is so when ray tracing doesnt apply to your model, then go to advanced render settings and set ray tracing to 1

it cut my render time from 3 minutes to 19 seconds, if you dont need it, turn it down to 1

i personally believe with my own prior knowledge that having your anti virus enabled or disabled wont have much effect reasons:

1st: if your running autocad you must have a moderate to Extreme System

2nd: Autocad Drivers Are Signed And Trusted so after autocad boots up, the antivirus puts it aside / trusted

reasons it might slow down : running a virus scan while rendering which is quite dum so dont do it

and no I saw Absolutely no improvement in rendering time with my antivirus disabled

also i recommend you dont disable your antivirus ever

maybe there is a dormant virus on your system that has not been detected

well if there is then you might loose a few cad files that might become threats to commercial buildings

DO NOT MAKE THE MISTAKE OF DISABLING YOUR ANTIVIRUS, THERE IS NO REASON TO.

SO WHAT IF IT CUTS RENDERING TIME BY 1 SECOND, WITH BLUEPRINTS YOU HAVE ALL THE KNOWLEDGE TO A BULDING FROM ESCAPE ROUTES ALL THE WAY THROUGH WEAK SPOTS TO DEMOLISH IT.

LETS SAY 1 PIER SUPPORTS 1500 POUNDS "UNDER ESTIMATED" AND ANOTHER SUPPORTS MORE THAN HALF THE BUILDING, WELL FILL IN THE BLANKS BOOM,

I RECOMMEND ANTIVIRUS REMAIN ON ALWAYS

43ST? i have an "insyde flash"

yes i know how to spell inside but thats my bios "insyde Flash H20"

i have no enable disable hyperthreading option in my bios

I found this thread on Dv7 BIOS modding.. it seems fairly intensive, maybe you can read through the thread and see if someone else has done it for your specific machine.

Proceed at your own risk Raudel.. fiddling around with modified BIOS files can brick your machine.

I've disabled my anti-virus program for years when it comes time to load new software and have never had a problem with a dormant virus. It just goes to show you that if one practices safe computing then there is very little risk.

An anti-virus program is just like any other as it with suck resources. Disabling AV on ocassion can improve system performance.